Being interviewed in a different language might be scary for you, but with our tips & hints you are going to be a superstar!
- Dress up: The first impression is very important. We expect all applicants to dress up. (Preferably a longer dress or suit; at least a long sleeve collared shirt)
- Appearance: Remove all piercings, cover up tattoos
- Names: Introduce yourself and try to use the Interviewer’s name whenever possible (first name only)
- English Knowledge: We all know that English is not your first language but try to be confident while talking about your experience.
You don’t have to talk like a native speaker, but try to communicate well in English and prepare yourself by watching English movies.
- Experience in hospitality: talk about your experience and where you have worked and what you have done so far.
- Ask questions: always ask questions and show an interest in your future host employer
- Frequently asked questions:
- How are you?
(almost like a greeting – a simple “good” or “great”/”fine” and “how are you doing?” is all you need to answer)
- Tell us about yourself!
- Why would you like to participate in that program?
- Have you ever been to the US?
- Tell us about your experience so far?
Your Travel2work Team: Andrea & Alex